Glass Tube Heat Exchanger - Condenser
P&P - GLASS TUBE HEAT EXCHANGER
P&P Industries AG has established itself as a world-leading expert in the development and manufacturing of heat exchangers for extremely demanding conditions.
The harsh process conditions in our SAR plants, where slight vacuum together with temperatures reaching up to 270°C and a range of H2SO4 concentrations even in excess of 98% made it necessary to develop a unique design. We are applying cutting edge manufacturing technology to withstand such conditions.
A frame made of stainless or carbon steel lined with PFA (Perfluoroalkoxy), a copolymer product made of PTFE-Teflon, forms the body of our heat exchangers. In combination with borosilicate glass tubes, the P&P glass tube heat exchangers can resist even the most extreme operating parameters.
PFA products are also available in High-Purity quality. This allows the use of P&P glass tube heat exchangers in all types of industries that require high-purity, such as the semiconductor, pharmaceutical and food industry.
We use our unique seamless welding technology for the PFA fixing points (Picture 1). This method radically reduces possible points of failure and guarantees a superior tightness. All PFA lining is done in our own factory. For more details on our PFA lining technology, please refer to our special brochure "PFA Fixed Point Lining”.
he modular design we are using allows easy transport, installation and scalability. For big heat exchanger modules, glass tubes are installed on-site.
Corrosive liquid and/or gaseous process media comes into contact with the PFA lining and borosilicate glass tubes only, leading to cost reduction benefits by optimising the heat exchanger construction. This is realised by adaptive material choices. The frame can be built in carbon steel, and the non-corrosive media side can be fabricated without PFA lining.
Our extensive experience in plant engineering guarantees perfectly tailor-made solutions for our customers.
FEATURES CREATING ADVANTAGES
- Suitable for a wide range of heat transfer processes
- Designed for highly corrosive processes
- Cost-effective compared to expensive materials of construction like graphite, Hastelloy, copper, titanium, tantalum and other exotic metals
- Gas-tight construction results in high operational safety
- The compact modular design enables
- easy transport
- quick installation
- minimised spare parts
- Highest heat recovery performance assures outstanding efficiency
- Excellent thermal shock resistance
- Food safe due to high purity material selection
- Fast start-up possible, operation temperature can be applied immediately
APPLICATIONS AND INDUSTRIES
P&P glass tube heat exchangers are suitable for various tasks such as evaporation, condensation, heating and cooling of gaseous and liquid media.
Glass tube heat exchangers offer the advantage that acid dew points can be undercut and thus the residual heat in the flue gas is fully utilised to achieve the highest efficiency.
- Combustion air preheaters
- Gas/gas reheaters
- Gas coolers
- Economiser for waste heat recovery
- Condensation (tube & shell side possible)
- Industrial furnaces
- Waste and toxic waste incineration plants
- Sludge incinerating/drying plants
- Biomass furnaces
- Chemical plants
- Food and pharmaceutical industry
- Max. Temperature = 270°C
- Min pressure: -10kPa
- Max pressure: 900kPa
P&P has optimised the glass tube heat exchanger manufacturing. Key elements of the production are automated to guarantee the highest manufacturing standards and to facilitate continuous production with superior quality.
The following standard configuration could be adapted for many possible applications with only a minimum of modifications necessary. This would result in the fastest possible fabrication and delivery of a customised glass tube heat exchanger.
- Borosilicate glass 3.3 (optionally silicon carbide)
- High chemical durability
- Low thermal expansion
- Outer diameter 24mm
- Inner diameter 21mm
- Pipe length 2m (0.5 to 3m possible)
Standard glass tube arrangement ("x-axis” x "y-axis”):
- Model 30 with multiples of 30 x 12 tubes
- Model 42 with multiples of 42 x 12 tubes
Table 1 & 2 provide an overview of typical glass tube heat exchanger sizes and the corresponding exchange area.
Standard Model 30 specifications:
This configuration has proven itself to be the perfect synergy of the optimum heat exchange rate and lowest possible pressure drop and is therefore also shown in the performance example.
- 60 x 48 (2x30 + 4x12) x 2m tubes
- Dimensions of the module
- Height = 2,6m
- Length = 3,9m
- Width = 3,1m
- 1.4404 / 316L for the frame, ducts & turning hoods
- PFA lining
- Borosilicate glass tubes
- PTFE as Gasket material
P&P Glass Tube Heat Exchanger – Standard Model 30 with 60x48x2m tubes